5 steps to growing your Social Media fan base
Developing a fan base on social media doesn’t happen overnight. There are a number of critical components to getting your company noticed on social media quickly and effectively. Jenny Q. Ta, entrepreneur, social media expert and CEO of Sqeeqee.com, the first-of-its-kind Social Networthing™ site, offers five critical tips for growing your fan base on social media:
1. Get In Front of People – Think of the digital world as the gateway drug to then getting in front of your fan base at like-minded events and conventions. Press the flesh, meet your fan base, then kick back out digitally and this is how you reach amplification.
2. Test, Test, Test – The best way to find out what works is to test your market with multiple messaging and find out. For example, learn the art of the “dark post” on Facebook, which allows you to publish ads that don’t appear in your newsfeed. You can test multiple different ads without wearing out your fan base on irrelevant content. You can also create a “lookalike audience” to test your ads against.
3. Create Content – Whatever your business, you need to be the content player on the subject, so blog and post articles as often as you can, become a source for readers in your area of expertise. You can always create your own blog, or contribute to great content sites like Medium.com where you can create a custom portfolio of your content and build a fan base interested in what you have to say.
4. Give Thanks – Thank your customer base regularly. Find out what your fans care about by following their Twitter pages or content to discover what inspires them and reach out to them directly about their passions. For example, if one of your followers is a Beatles fan, send a direct message about a new Beatles book. By being consistent with giving thanks you will organically grow your fan base.
5. Be Human on Twitter – Post relevant content on Twitter and do it consistently. And it should come from YOU, not a pre-scheduled post. People DO know the difference and nothing can replace the human interaction.
About Jenny Q. Ta: Jenny Q. Ta is the founder and CEO of Sqeeqee, the first-of-its-kind Social Networthing™ site. Launched in 2015, the site gives individuals, businesses, celebrities, politicians, and non-profit organizations the ability to monetize their profiles in unprecedented ways. Ms. Ta is a seasoned entrepreneur with two successful ventures to her credit. She was the Founder and CEO of Titan Securities, a full service investment firm that was acquired in 2005. Prior to founding Titan Securities she was the driving force behind Vantage Investments, a full-service broker-dealer start-up she founded in 1999 at the age of 27 and grew to a quarter of a billion dollars in assets. Overall, she has more than 20 years of experience as a senior executive in sales, marketing and finance.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.