A 12-Point Plan for Job Creation in Urban Communities
I saw a post on Politic365.com about the National Urban League and I am really digging its 12-point program on job creation that it released last month. Highlights of the program include:
- A call to restore the Summer Youth Jobs program in order to employ 5 million young people through the summer of 2011;
- Development of a national public-private jobs initiative;
- A boost minority participation in communications and information technology industries;
- Reformation, revision, and reauthorization of the Workforce Investment Act;
- Expanding small business lending;
- Creating green empowerment zones; and
- Reducing the interest rate on the SBA Community Express loans
KUDOS TO NUL!
Let’s make some of these happen!!
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.